Who Should Attend?
- Beginners in software testing
- Testers with previous non-functional testing experience
There is no exam as part of this course.
- Understand the key principles of non-functional testing
- Understanding how to plan for an effective performance test
- Understand the team responsibilities in Performance Testing
- Learn how to design the test and execute it
- Look at analysis tools and how to identify bottlenecks in the system under test
I have spent over a decade teaching the sciences amongst other things to a wide range of ages and so I recognise the quality of good teaching when I see it.
Course Content & Agenda
The following topics will be covered during the course:
- What is Performance Testing?
- Types of performance tests
- Understanding workload
- Alternatives to Performance Testing
- Considerations before engagement
- Overview of hardware
- Overview of software
- Resources requirements
- Virtual users
- The controller
- The analysis component
- System architecture
- Testing through firewalls
- Geography-specific testing
- Understanding workload and the 'Peak Hour'
- Application concurrency
- Data requirements
- Monitoring strategy
- A look at hardware & software monitors
- Network delay information, protocol specific information
- Different kinds of scenario profiles
- Reporting: what to report? What is a pass/fail?
- Understanding transactional response times
- Understanding transaction pass/fail numbers
- Identifying high risk transactions
- Improvement and re-runs
- What does theory looks like in practice?
- A demo (using one of the most popular Performance Testing tools)