Applications are integral to modern business performance and a major catalyst for growth. All business systems and applications must be reliable, easy to use and integrate seamlessly with each other where required.
Enterprise firms have the skills and resources to develop their own apps but, operating on a Capex basis, the cost required to produce good apps is growing as testing solutions need to cover an ever increasing variety in devices and operating systems; not to mention high user expectations for functionality.
For firms developing apps infrequently, employing permanent testing resources is too costly, so the role is often combined with other duties, creating a ‘tug-of-war’ between teams when testing is required.
Outsourced Testing On Demand
Our Managed Service provides software testing activities by a flexible and quickly-mobilised team of specialists.
The ‘Testing-as-a-Service’ model grants on-demand access to a fully formed, ready-to-go testing function of high quality Consultants and proven solutions.
It allows you to switch your testing to an Opex cost through outsourcing to us, which empowers you to switch your new, extended testing department on or off as required.
And with ISO9001:2015, ISO/IEC 27001 and CMMI accreditations, you can be assured of a secure, trusted delivery partner.
We follow a step-by-step process when delivering a Managed Service project:
- Scope out the work, which will normally involve an initial meeting or conference call, followed by a detailed review of all relevant documentation and requirements. A Delivery Manager will be assigned at this point, as the main liaison between us and you.
- Once the scope of work is understood, a Test Plan is produced by the Lead Consultant assigned to the project, clearly identifying the scope of work, tools to be used, resources, timelines and deliverables. The Test Plan includes a detailed scope of the technologies and functionality under test, plus reporting methods, collaboration and defect management procedures.
- Once the plan is agreed, the resources assigned to the project carry out detailed test preparation work and proceed to execute tests against the agreed schedule, reporting progress as defined in the plan.
How we test
Using secure, online tools and custom dashboards, we collaborate with you every step of the way, ensuring complete visibility of the test process from planning through to execution and reporting.
Tests can be managed and run remotely from our UK test lab, offshore test labs in India or the USA, at your sites, or a blended combination of all four. This capability allows us to use hybrid models and Accelerators to achieve significant cost savings and efficiencies, particularly in Test Automation and Performance Testing.
Whichever route is selected, we provide the resources, skills and tools needed to effectively test your applications, websites and systems before go-live.
Benefits of using the Managed Service
- Lower overall cost using a blend of on-site, off-site, off-shore and automated testing
- Move from Capex to usage-based Opex
- Total flexibility to only use us when you need us
- No fixed or unnecessary testing overheads
- Access to increased testing capacity and scope
- Advanced test environments and access to the latest tools, devices and platforms
- Fully managed test service available
- Free-up your staff to focus on core business challenges and objectives
- Reduced time to deployment
- Training for your staff can be included
We provide a flexible testing service to Cancer Research UK using a blended model of consultants onsite, embedded within Agile teams, supported by offsite testing and the provision of specialist skills where needed, including Test Management, Automation and Performance Testing.
Read about the full range of services we deliver.