Who Should Attend?
- Beginners in software testing
- Testers with previous non-functional testing experience
There is no exam as part of this course.
- Understand the key principles of non-functional testing
- Understanding how to plan for an effective performance test
- Understand the team responsibilities in Performance Testing
- Learn how to design the test and execute it
- Look at analysis tools and how to identify bottlenecks in the system under test
The instructor was excellent. He explained everything very clearly and answered every question in great detail.
Course Content & Agenda
The following topics will be covered during the course:
- What is Performance Testing?
- Types of performance tests
- Understanding workload
- Alternatives to Performance Testing
- Considerations before engagement
- Overview of hardware
- Overview of software
- Resources requirements
- Virtual users
- The controller
- The analysis component
- System architecture
- Testing through firewalls
- Geography-specific testing
- Understanding workload and the 'Peak Hour'
- Application concurrency
- Data requirements
- Monitoring strategy
- A look at hardware & software monitors
- Network delay information, protocol specific information
- Different kinds of scenario profiles
- Reporting: what to report? What is a pass/fail?
- Understanding transactional response times
- Understanding transaction pass/fail numbers
- Identifying high risk transactions
- Improvement and re-runs
- What does theory looks like in practice?
- A demo (using one of the most popular Performance Testing tools)