Who Should Attend?
Software testing professionals looking to develop their LoadRunner skills.
There is no exam as part of this course.
- Why we need Performance Testing
- How to gather information for an effective performance test
- The LoadRunner software components
- The basic performance testing creation flow
- How to create Virtual Users using LoadRunner VuGen
- LoadRunner scenarios and how to use them when testing your application
- How to execute a LoadRunner scenario
- How to monitor and analyse test results
Select a date
Please note: this course runs on demand so the price is TBC. It can be arranged to run on-site at your offices as Training for Teams or as a public course if there is sufficient interest.
Please contact us for more details.
Course Content and Agenda
Throughout the course practical examples are demonstrated, and the delegates get to practice what they have learned in each chapter with hands-on exercises.
- Why we need to do Performance Testing
- What are the basic principles?
- How does LoadRunner help?
- Information and resources needed to execute a realistic Performance Test
- How to use the collated data to plan testing scenarios
- The components of LoadRunner
- How to install them to support effective performance testing
- Overview of the different protocols supported by LoadRunner
- Introducing the first LoadRunner component to create virtual users
- How to use record & replay to create a basic script
- How to link data files to our virtual user
- Creating a realistic emulation (virtual users use a variety of data values)
- Setting user behaviour during execution
- Emulating correct “real user” behaviour
- How to overcome the problems of dynamic data such as session IDs in web testing
- Handling dynamic and calculated values in our virtual user
- How to use TruClient to script against asynchronous web applications that use AJAX and Web 2.0 technologies.
- The second component of LoadRunner – the Controller
- Designing a performance test (using multiple instances of the different virtual users created using the virtual user generator)
- How to create your real-world scenario
- Executing a load test
- Monitoring user and back-end performance
- The last component of LoadRunner - the analysis tool
- How to graph, slice and analyse the results of the performance test
The optional lab day takes place on the fourth day of the Complete LoadRunner 12 course. It is an add-on for those attending the Complete LoadRunner 12 course to further enhance the learnings of the course and costs £300 + VAT.
Please contact us to book your additional lab day.