Who Should Attend?
- Test Analysts
- Test Engineers
- Test Consultants
- Test Managers
- Software Developers
Delegates booking a place on this course must hold already hold the ISTQB Foundation Certificate (CTFL).
This course may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software test automation, such as Project Managers, Quality Assurance Managers, Software Development Managers, Business Analysts, IT Directors, and Management Consultants.
The exam comprises 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 90 minutes.
*Affiliated with TSG to deliver this course.
- Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organisation
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA)
- Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs
- Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection
- Manage and optimise testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems
Course Content and Agenda
The course consists of eight modules, spread over three days.
The Purpose of Test Automation
Explain the objectives, advantages, disadvantages and limitations of test automation
Success Factors in Test Automation
Identify technical success factors of a test automation project
- SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
- Tool Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testibility and Automation
- Introduction to Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Test Automation Architecture Design
- TAS Development
- Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning Deployment/Rollout
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance
- Selection of TAS Metrics
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- Test Automation Reporting
- Criteria for Automation
- Identifying Steps Needed to Implement Automation with Regression Testing
- Factors to Consider When Implementing Automation with New Feature Testing
- Factors to Consider When Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying Automated Test Suites
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Planning the Implementation of Test Automation Improvement