Who Should Attend?
This course is principally aimed at test practitioners who have achieved an advanced point in their careers and who want to increase their knowledge and skills beyond the levels covered by the Foundation and Intermediate qualifications.
Delegates typically are expecting to be actively involved in the technical aspects of software testing, including Test Automation, Non-Functional Testing and White-box Testing.
This includes people in roles such as:
- Test Analysts
- Test Engineers
- Test Consultants
- Test Managers
- User Acceptance Testers
- Software Developers
This course is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as Project Managers, Quality Managers, Software Development Managers, Business Analysts, IT Directors and Management Consultants.
To qualify as an internationally-certified Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst and be issued with an ISTQB Advanced Level Certificate, delegates must successfully pass the exam.
The exam is held in the afternoon on the last day of the course and is comprised of 60 multiple choice questions. The duration is 120 minutes (or 165 minutes for candidates taking examinations that are not in their native language) and delegates must score at least 65% to pass.
- Gain recognition for testing as an essential and professional software engineering specialisation
- Provide a standard framework for the development of testers’ careers
- Enable professionally qualified testers to be recognised by employers, customers and peers, and to raise the profile of testers and testing
- Promote consistent and good testing practices within all software engineering disciplines
- Identify testing topics that are relevant and of value to industry
- Enable software suppliers to hire certified testers and thereby gain commercial advantage over their competitors by advertising their tester recruitment policy
- Provide an opportunity for testers and those with an interest in testing to acquire an internationally recognised qualification in the subject