Thursday, 06 July 2023
The most popular certification in the software testing industry has been updated – the ISTQB Foundation Certificate. The CTFL course, last updated in 2018, has received a much-needed revamp in line with a new syllabus issued by the ISTQB. The new syllabus is a big step forward and takes in content from the Agile Extension certificate while removing topics that felt less valuable. We have completed the updates to our course against the new syllabus, which the ISTQB is currently assessing. We’re very excited about the new course, which we expect to launch in August / September for online and in-person classes.
Prolifics Testing developed our Foundation Certificate in 2002 and has updated it over the years based on experience, changing industry trends and customer feedback. We are proud of our course and have confidence it will meet the needs of our industry for many years to come; we’ve already trained over 1500 delegates and hope for many more.
In brief, some of the changes to the new course are highlighted below:
- The course is slightly longer – we are scheduling training over 3 full days rather than 2 and a half. This means delegates will take the exam at their convenience at an online test centre (previously only an option)
- New content added on Test First Development, DevOps, Shift-Left and Retrospectives
- Existing content on Test Types, Reviews, White Box Techniques and Tools has been significantly reduced
- Black Box Techniques have been updated
- Collaboration-based test approaches have been added – including Acceptance Test Driven Development
- The Test Management module has been substantially re-worked, with more Agile topics added, including the Test Pyramid, Testing Quadrants, Communicating Testing Status and more content on estimation techniques, while some of the detail around test strategy and factors influencing the test process has been removed
- The Test Tools module has been simplified and made shorter, with less emphasis on tool types and a focus on Test Automation
We believe this is a positive update, bringing the content in line with current ways of working and useful techniques/knowledge needed by today’s test teams.
To book a place or find out more, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Binks - Head of Delivery
Prolifics Testing UK