ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
This course is accredited by the ISTQB and the British Computer Society (BCS). A 5 day course, with a pre-paid voucher included in the price, to take the exam when ready. Gain a detailed knowledge of Test Management and practical skills to improve the quality of the test process, provide accurate estimates and enable effective team management, with training in skills vital to this critical role, across domains and methodologies.
Our trainers are experienced testing practitioners with many years of software testing experience to relate to delegates, in order to enhance the learning process. The course also provides a valuable opportunity for sharing ideas and approaches to real-life situations and projects with fellow delegates.
Private courses on-site can be arranged at your offices for group bookings of 4 or more delegates.
You may also be interested in:
ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst
PLEASE NOTE: Our credit and debit card payment provider is experiencing problems. Please use the Purchase Order payment option to secure your places on the course - one of the team will contact you ASAP to arrange payment by BACS. Thank you.
ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
£1,200 per delegate ex VAT
The course is run over 5 days and includes all course materials. Lunch and refreshments are provided for some onsite courses. Please check course details for further information.
Who should attend
- Software Testers
- Test Leads
- Test Managers
- Please note that delegates are required to have passed the ISTQB Foundation certificate
- It is recommended that delegates have a minimum of 3 years' testing experience before attempting this qualification.
A three-hour multiple choice exam, taken at a Pearson Vue centre. Candidates must achieve a grade of 65% to successfully pass the exam.
- Gain an understanding of Test Management techniques and key skils, including planning, estimation, with focus on different ways to estimate timescales for testing
- Understand Risk-Based testing and experience based techniques
- Be able to develop and tailor a full documentation set for testing, including Test Policy, Strategy and Plans
- Achieve a complete undestanding of reviews and how they can improve software quality at all phases of the lifecycle
- Be able to implement Test Process Improvement initiatives, in an order that provides maximum benefit to the organisation
- Understand the importance of Defect Management and how to implement workflow based defect processes, plus reporting and using statistics to measure software quality across test phases
- Obtain a good overview of the different tools available to support test management, with examples
- Have an appreciation of people skills and personalities in order to get the most out of team members
"What was so good about the training I attended with Prolifics Testing was not just the curriculum, but the really knowledgeable experts who you employed as tutors for my courses".
Test Manager, Financial Services
Course Content & Agenda
The course is presented in seven modules, based on the ISTQB syllabus:
Overview of the course, its arrangement and the examination
Test Planning, Monitoring, and Control
Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
Test Closure Activities
Understanding Testing Stakeholders
Related SDLC Activities and Work Products
Alignment of Test Activities and Other SDLC Activities
Managing Non-Functional Testing
Managing Experience-Based Testing
Risk Management Process
Risk-Based Testing Approaches
Other Approaches for Test Selection
Test Prioritisation and Effort Allocation in the Test Process
Master Test Plan
Level Test Plan
Project Risk Management
Other Testing Work Products
Domain Specific Standards
Non Testing Standards
Management Reviews and Audits
Metrics for Reviews
Managing Formal Reviews
The Defect Lifecycle
Incident / Defect Report Information
Defect Reports and Process Capability Assessment
Test Improvement Process
Process Improvement Models
Improving the Test Process with TMMi
Improving the Test Process with TPI Next
Improving the Test Process with CTP
Improving the Test Process with STEP
Types of Tools
Tool Selection Process
Metrics for Success