- 8 years testing experience
- Proven experience of writing test strategies and plans to a customer facing, consultancy level
- A good understanding of the software development life cycle development and testing and experience of working on a range of projects
- Knowledge of a wide range of test phases - including functional, integration and non-functional
- Team leading/test management - including allocation of work, monitoring of progress and reporting
- Experience of working in a variety of different technical environments
- Performance/automation experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Needs to be technical, capable of integrating with an existing team and taking the lead on multiple small projects as needed, from a testing perspective.
- It is essential that the candidate is committed, energetic and enthusiastic about testing
- Needs to be practical and proactive
- Should be able to grasp concepts quickly and appreciate implications of decisions
- Able to work well autonomously, with a focus on delivery
- Eagerness to learn and an aptitude for picking things up quickly
You need to be a confident, calm IT professional with excellent communication skills, preferably with some consulting experience, capable of quickly picking up new technologies and working on testing projects with blue chip companies in a range of industries, following internal and client procedures. You should have a minimum of 8 years testing experience. The role is to support the Head of Delivery with the management of testing projects, but also to take the lead on initial projects, writing test strategies/plans and seeing them through to delivery.
You will have a passion for testing and will be confident running with multiple testing projects, leading and providing support to more junior staff and dealing with client personnel at all levels; including project managers, sponsors and business users. As a part of taking responsibility for projects, you will be a self-starter, proactively seeking out solutions to problems and issues impeding progress within the wider organisation, taking decisions where needed in order to achieve project objectives.
You should have experience of a range of test phases, including functional, integration, regression, acceptance, and automation. There will be a wide range of domains and test phases involved in this role, including mobile app and accessibility testing.
You will be a certified tester, at a minimum of Foundation level (ISTQB) and used to working closely with project managers, sponsors and technical team members to assure quality on multiple projects and streams of work. You will have experience in working in agile and waterfall environments and using the latest test management systems and techniques.
Ideally you will have some experience of test automation and/or performance, although this is not a must have. Must be a pro-active and outspoken team member with excellent communication skills, capable of producing clear and concise Test Strategies, Test Plans and Completion Reports. You must have experience of estimating timescales for projects, documenting the scope of testing in test plans and dealing with senior customer stakeholders.
What we offer
An attractive salary and benefits package, with excellent career prospects in a global IT services firm.
You may be based at a client site if you're one of our Consultants or at our headquarters in Borehamwood. Either way, we try to ensure everyone feels involved and engaged with everything we're doing.
We organise regular social activities, such as Friday lunch drinks, pizza lunches, international food lunches, social evenings, quizzes, days out and more.
Borehamwood is an up and coming area with a vibrant high street, major retailers, a mix of big-name and independent cafes and restaurants, and a very strong TV and Film industry heritage, Elstree Sutdios and BBC Elstree are located here.
We're easily accessible from Central London, North London boroughs, other parts of Hertfordshire, and beyond.
Our office is directly opposite Elstree & Borehamwood, which is within London's Travelcard area, and is located in Zone 6. It's on the Thameslink line, with services through London St Pancras (just 21 minutes at peak times), as far south as Sutton and as far north as Luton. The station also gives access to bus services across the region.
If you're driving, we're close to the A1, M1, M25 and the A406 North Circular. Parking at the office is available.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.