*Applicants who require a work visa welcomed*
You will be highly technical, have a minimum of 5 years technical testing experience with experience working in agile test teams deploying solutions to the Cloud. Automation experience must include Python, deploying to an AWS environment. You will be used to working as an integral part of the development team, possibly in a SDET role or experience previously as a software developer. You have worked with developers on unit level technical testing, but also with business analysts and product owners as part of agile teams, delivering leading edge web based technical solutions.
Must be a pro-active and outspoken team member with excellent communication skills, capable of integrating with highly technical teams, standing up for software quality and producing clear and concise testing documentation when needed. This should include experience of providing accurate estimates for testing and presenting them confidently to a group. Should be able to clearly articulate ideas, challenge the status quo and provide meaningful input on best practice and new ideas where they would provide benefit.
- A minimum of 5 years testing experience - specialising in test automation
- Good Python coding knowledge/skills
- Agile environment experience - development/coding experience, continuous integration
- Writing automated tests in pytest
- Experience leading other members of the testing function and directing from an automation perspective
- A good understanding of the software development life cycle development and testing and experience of working on projects
- Experience and adaptability when working in a variety of different technical environments
- Development experience/knowledge and experience in multiple languages
- Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- Needs to be highly technical, capable of integrating with a development team and assisting with unit as well as system level tests
- It is essential that the candidate is committed, energetic and enthusiastic about testing
- Needs to be practical and proactive
- Should be able to grasp concepts quickly and appreciate implications of decisions
- Able to work well autonomously, with a focus on delivery
- Eagerness to learn and an aptitude for picking things up quickly
Work is to a large extent fully remote, with a requirement to come on site approximately once a month for meetings.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.